ok. I am going to go out on a limb here and see what happens. The superbloggers with tons of readers have successfully raised lots and lots of support for various causes and I thought that I myself would give it a try …. on a smaller scale.
My friend, who is moving, sent me a couple of kimonos, among other things and I thought that I would give them away. I know that there is great potential and awesome generosity in the crafting world, so I am going to give this a whirl.
ANNOUNCING THE SUMMER 2008 KIMONO AND OTHER STUFF RAFFLE.
1. choose your favorite charity or worthy cause
2. make a donation directly to that charity. For every 5 dollars that you donate, I will give you one chance at the kimono give-away.
3. send me an e-mail informing me of the amount that you have donated, put KIMONO RAFFLE in your subject line………. janimagee AT yahoo DOT com
4. leave a comment on this post naming the organization you have donated to, mentioning the amount is optional.
5. I will mail the kimono package to a U.S. address, any others countries may contact me for special consideration.
That’s it. I have listed 3 organizations in my blogroll that I have experience with, but you are not limited to those….. there are several research and aid organizations to choose from…. your choice. (for example….breast cancer, aids, Gilda’s ovarian cancer, ronald macdonald house.. IT’S ALL GOOD!)
If there is minimal interest, one winner will be chosen….. (winners choice of kimono) if lots of people respond, two winners will be chosen. I will be going through my things to sweeten the pot and add to the kimono packages.
I will draw the winner(s) while I am on vacation, on my birthday , in August.
e-mail me with your donations and leave me a comment. honor system… I trust you all!!!!
- mens wool kimono
short silk kimono jacket. BLACK.