In keeping with the whole cow thing we got going, this year being the year of the cow/ox… I thought I would share with you the “MILK MOON” from the MOON QUILT a.k.a.. “the ugly quilt”. So far I have been able to find plenty of moons to embellish and stitch from my current stash…. It’s great to be able to create a quilt from stuff on hand!!!
Continuing on with the whole cow theme…. I found some great words of wisdom over at the “GOOD OLD DAYS” magazine e-letter from one of the greats, Gene Autry…
- The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man or take unfair advantage.
- He must never go back on his word or a trust confided in him.
- He must always tell the truth.
- He must be gentle with children, the elderly and animals.
- He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
- He must help people in distress.
- He must be a good worker.
- He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action and personal habits.
- He must respect women, parents and his nation’s laws.
- The Cowboy is a patriot.
and finally…. the middle child, the only girl, has had a birthday… she is 11 now… and she got TWO cakes. one with friends (homemade from scratch) and one with the family (from a bakery)
in the second picture
a few candles were sputtering
that’s why the worried/grumpy face.
Happy Birthday Kayla!!!